Great Learning has provided this free 7 hour course on statistics for Data Science.
This course will be taught by Dr.Abhinanda Sarkar who has his Ph.D. in Statistics from Stanford University. He has taught applied mathematics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT); been on the research staff at IBM; led Quality, Engineering Development, and Analytics functions at General Electric (GE); and has co-founded OmiX Labs.
These are the topics covered in this full course:
- Statistics vs Machine Learning – 2:22
- Types of Statistics [Descriptive, Prescriptive and Predictive] – 9:05
- Types of Data – 1:50:45
- Correlation – 2:46:02
- Covariance – 2:52:33
- Introduction to Probability – 4:26:55
- Conditional Probability with Baye’s Theorem – 5:24:00
- Binomial Distribution – 6:17:01
- Poisson Distribution – 6:36:02