In this episode, Abel and Damian talk about why DevOps is important for on prem applications. They’ll walk through creating a CI/CD pipeline for our VM-based application and database using Azure Pipelines and GitHub Actions.
- [00:53] Why do we even bother with DevOps?
- [01:49] Where do we start?
- [02:36] Demo: Creating a Pipeline in Azure Pipelines
- [06:30] Building our artifacts
- [07:15] Configuring environments
- [10:05] Deploying to environments
- [13:29] Doing it in GitHub Actions
- Create and Target an Environment in Azure Pipelines https://aka.ms/DevOpsLab/AzurePipelinescreate
- Environments in GitHub Actions: https://aka.ms/DevOpsLab/GitHubActionsEnv
- MS Learn: Create a Build Pipeline with Azure Pipelines: https://aka.ms/DevOpsLab/LearnAzurePipelines
- MS Learn: Automate your workflow with GitHub Actions: https://aka.ms/DevOpsLab/LearnGHActions
- Subscribe to Azure DevOps YouTube channel