In this video, you will learn how to use the PowerApps Search Function, Filter Function & combine both.
These functions are useful to allow users to search through all items in your data source and/or filter your data. We will build a search box, look at delegation (working with large data sources e.g. SharePoint Lists) & understand why Search function may not return all items with SharePoint as a data source. We will explore delegable functions like StartsWith & look at a technique of performing search against a filtered (delegable) result set.
- 00:00 – Intro
- 00:31 – Power Apps connected to SharePoint List
- 00:54 – PowerApps Delegation – Working with Large Data Sources
- 03:55 – Search box in Power Apps (Search function delegation challenge)
- 07:28 – Search function limitations with Large SharePoint Lists
- 07:51 – StartsWith function supports delegation
- 09:32 – StartsWith Search on multiple columns
- 10:24 – Search & filter on Power Apps Galleries
- 12:15 – Filter & Search SharePoint List in Power Apps with delegation
- 19:34 – Subscribe to Reza Dorrani channel