If you’ve followed me in my WIndows 8/UWP developer days, then you know that I’ve done a lot of screen scraping in C#.
Here’s a tutorial on how to web scrape in Python with Beautiful Soup 4.
Beautiful Soup 4 is a web scraping module that allows you to get information from HTML documents and modify them as well.
In this video, Tim from Tech with Tim be giving an introduction/walkthrough to Beautiful Soup 4.
- Beautiful Soup Docs: https://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/bs4/doc/
- Code In This Video: https://github.com/techwithtim/Beautiful-Soup-Tutorial
- Fix Pip (Mac): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-WhAS6qzsU
- Fix Pip (Windows): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdUZArA-kZw&t=7s
- 00:00 | Overview
- 01:26 | Beautiful Soup 4 Setup
- 02:51 | Reading HTML Files
- 05:50 | Find By Tag Name
- 07:45 | Find All By Tag Name
- 09:44 | Parsing Website HTML
- 12:50 | Locating Text
- 13:53 | Beautiful Soup Tree Structure