Azure Monitor is a technology used to collect telemetry data from your Azure and on-premises environments. You can use Azure Monitor to improve performance and support the stability of your applications by identifying issues quickly. Azure Monitor includes Azure Metrics and Azure Logs to store telemetry data and track data in real-time and for historical analysis.
In part three of this seven-part Azure SQL VM series, we will use Azure metrics to identify the uncached and cached health of your virtual machine and disk resources. We will show how to find metrics at the VM scope, pin metrics to create a custom dashboard, how to manage alerts, and finally comparing cached and uncached metrics at the VM and disk levels.
- 0:00 Show begins
- 0:48 Tracking VM cached health
- 2:55 Demo
- 9:23 Getting started
- Disk performance metrics: https://aka.ms/storagemetrics?WT.mc_id=dataexposed-c9-niner
- Azure Monitor: https://aka.ms/azuremonitor?WT.mc_id=dataexposed-c9-niner
More episodes in the Azure SQL VM series:
- Caching and Storage Capping (Ep. 1): https://youtu.be/GXEINbYKo94
- What is SQL Server IaaS Agent Extension (Ep. 2): https://youtu.be/KUlpjoeFipk