GraphQL supports the ability to subscribe to event streams to enable somewhat real-time scenarios for both clients and servers.
In this episode of the On .NET show, HotChocolate author Michael Staib returns to show us how to enable real-time data fetching with GraphQL using subscriptions .
- [02:02] – What is real-time data fetching?
- [04:30] – What are subscriptions used for?
- [05:48] – Setting up a GraphQL client in Blazor (Demo)
- [10:55] – Updating the GraphQL schema with fragments
- [16:38] – Updating the Razor components
- [24:48] – Using GraphQL variables
- [28:18] – Adding subscriptions