In this episode of Data Exposed with Vladimir Ivanovic, he announces a set of major performance improvements for Azure SQL Managed Instances, which enable customers to migrate their more performance-hungry database workloads to Azure SQL Managed Instance.
These improvements are automatically enabled for all existing and future Azure SQL Managed Instances at no extra charge, making Azure SQL Managed Instance the best fully-managed database platform for mission-critical workloads.
- 0:00 Introduction
- 0:58 Azure SQL Managed Instance Performance Improvements
- 1:45 Improved log rate for SQL MI General Purpose
- 2:40 Improved log rate for SQL MI Business Critical
- 3:55 Pricing
- 4:30 Opportunities
- 5:22 Improvements are available now!
- Azure SQL Managed Instance Resource Limits: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-sql/managed-instance/resource-limits?WT.mc_id=dataexposed-c9-niner
- Service Tier Characteristics: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-sql/managed-instance/resource-limits#service-tier-characteristics