This week, James is joined by friend of the show Marc Mercuri, Program Manager on the Azure Blockchain Development Kit Team, who introduces us to the world of blockchain. He shows us a full end to end scenario of why and how you would use blockchain in applications. He then walks us through the new Azure Blockchain Development Kit that simplifies development using blockchain for web and mobile with some fantastic Xamarin mobile apps.
Two years ago, I said that Data Science and AI will impact developers of all stripes. This episode of the Xamarin show bares out my prediction.
In this episode, Sam Basu from Progress delivers a full run down of conversational UI for bots leveraging Telerik UI for Xamarin. Sam walks us through what a bot is, how to create one, and how developers can be productive leveraging Telerik’s new controls for building out conversations.
This week James Montemagno is joined by Jim Bennett, a Cloud Developer Advocate at Microsoft, who shows us how to use AI inside a mobile app to identify his daughters’ toys.
In the video below, he walks through using the Azure custom vision service to generate a model to identify different toys, then shows how you can use these models from inside your app, both remotely by calling an Azure service, or locally by running the model on your device using CoreML and Tensorflow.
- Azure Custom Vision service
- Custom Vision service docs
- Sample toy identifier app
- Xamarin plugin to use CoreML and Tensorflow with custom vision models
- Find James on: Twitter, GitHub, Blog, and his weekly development podcast Merge Conflict.
- Follow @JamesMontemagno
- Never Miss an Episode: Follow @TheXamarinShow
- Find Jim on: Twitter, GitHub, Blog, Jim’s book – Xamarin In Action