Guy in a Cube just posted a new video and, as always, it’s a must watch!
Guy in a Cube has a great video of Patrick showing how to work with images in Power BI.
And, no, he isn’t talking about adding a logo into your report. This is about how you can integrate visuals in your visuals based on your data.
You can’t (currently) find the server where your Power BI Gateway is located via the user interface.
However, you can find the server your gateway is installed on by using the REST APIs.
In this video, Adam shows you how to do it.
Here’s an interesting idea for your PowerBI reports.
Adam from Guy in a Cube has a great PowerBI roundup video he just published.
Check it out. Links below the video.
- Exploring The New SSRS 2017 API In Power BI (@technitrain)
- Bulk-extracting Power Query M-code from multiple pbix files in Power BI (@TheBIccountant)
- Automatic installs of Power BI Desktop (@CurbalEN)
- How administrators can manage the Power BI Desktop sign-in form
- Visualizing and interacting with your Azure Machine Learning Studio experiments
- Congratulations to the Winners of the “Timeline Storyteller” Contest!
- DAX UNICHAR Function in Power BI (@ExceleratorBI)
- DirectQuery in Analysis Services: Best practices, performance, use cases (@marcorus)
- Change your Power BI report to point to an external SSAS model (@kjonge)
- Filtering and comparing different time periods with Power BI (@FerrariAlberto)
- Image Timeline (@dataveld)
In this video, Patrick from Guy in a Cube uses a little DAX, and the SelectedValue function, to get you some dynamic labels in your Power BI reports.
The Microsoft Power BI YouTube channel has just uploaded a video with Adam, from Guy in a Cube, walking through what Power BI Embedded is.
Watch to find out how you can get started with Power BI Embedded as well as what resources are available for you.
Patrick from Guy in a Cube goes over how to fix Quick Measures when they go astray.