FPGAs are the next wave of hardware innovation to transform machine learning. In this session from Build 2018, take a walk through how we are using FPGAs today inside of Microsoft, and how you can start using them today as well.
Xiaokai He joins Scott Hanselman to discuss Azure SignalR Service. See how easy it is to start building your real-time web application without setting up your own SignalR server.
For more information, see:
Ready to learn a bit about Kubernetes? If you’re like us, you’ve been wondering what this whole “container orchestration” thing is all about. This week, Jonathan Creamer returns to share Five Things that Kubernetes can do for you. Also, Burke foolishly gives away his credit card, Jonathan drinks coffee and the wrong guest makes a surprise appearance.
Nicole Berdy joins Olivier on the IoT Show to demonstrate how the Azure IoT Hub Device Provisioning Service can be used to implement zero-touch provisioning of (a lot of) IoT devices.
Learn more on Azure IoT Hub Device Provisioning Service: https://aka.ms/iotschool/dps
James Baker joins Lara Rubbelke to introduce Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2, which is redefining cloud storage for big data analytics due to multi-modal (object store and file system) access and combining the best qualities of a dedicated analytics file system with those of a cloud-scale object store.
For more information:
- Introduction to Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 Preview (docs)
- Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 Public Preview signup
- Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 product page
- Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 pricing page
- Create a free account (Azure)
Brendan Burns joins Lara Rubbelke to discuss GA of Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS). Developers can drastically simplify how they build and run container-based solutions without deep Kubernetes expertise.
- [01:06] – Introducing the .NET application architecture website
- [05:23] – Running the reference application
- [06:33] – Understanding the target audience
- [07:35] – Testing strategy
- [09:11] – Exploring the technology stack
- [13:25] – Managing the weight of the API gateway
- [16:35] – Adopting the guidance
- [21:33] – Communication patterns between microservices
- [22:36] – Modeling challenges with microservices
- [26:14] – Getting help with the reference application
Device Management is complex, especially so for Internet of Things solutions considering the variety and heterogenous nature of IoT devices. Building on top of Device Twins and Device Direct Methods primitives, the new Automatic Device Configuration feature of IoT Hub paves the way toward a simple way to configure IoT devices at scale from the comfort of Azure. Chris Green, PM in the Azure IoT team shows us the new feature recently announced.
Create a Free Account (Azure): https://aka.ms/c9-azurefree
Brendan Burns joins Donovan Brown to discuss how you can quickly and easily build a containerized Node.js app on Linux and deploy it to Azure Kubernetes Service using Visual Studio Code and the Visual Studio Code Kubernetes Extension.
What happens when you combine Windows Mixed Reality and Microsoft Azure?
The one and only Dr. Neil talks about his creations and more.