It’s amazing the sorts of things that can be printed these days: tools, artificial limbs, homes, and now even printed circuit boards.
I wonder if this will help with the global chip shortage.
In this video I will be testing out the Voltera V-One PCB printer and create a homemade PCB version of one of my older PCB projects in order to find out whether such a PCB printer is a good replacement for proper PCB manufacturers. Along the way we will discover all the advantages and disadvantages such a printer comes with. Let’s get started!
- 0:00 Introduction (Why PCBs are important!)
- 1:17 Introducing the PCB printer
- 1:55 Intro
- 2:42 Unpacking the PCB printer
- 3:19 Installing the software
- 3:52 Deciding on an example PCB project
- 4:21 Drill process
- 5:48 Printing the top layer
- 7:35 Printing the bottom layer
- 8:04 Adding the rivets
- 8:25 Soldering the components
- 8:51 Homemade PCB of one of my older projects
- 10:51 Verdict of the PCB printer