Given the increasing importance of mathematics in the world, it may be as crucial to success as literacy.
Jo Boaler is a professor of mathematics education at Stanford and the co-founder of youcubed. In this video, she sits down with Lex Fridman to talk about learning math.
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 0:23 – What is beautiful about mathematics?
- 9:12 – How difficult should math really be?
- 17:31 – Students giving up on math
- 28:52 – Improving math education in schools
- 38:49 – Inspiring mathematical creativity
- 56:35 – youcubed
- 1:00:55 – Best methods for studying math
- 1:21:29 – Advice for young people