This week James Montemagno is joined by Jim Bennett, a Cloud Developer Advocate at Microsoft, who shows us how to use AI inside a mobile app to identify his daughters’ toys.
In the video below, he walks through using the Azure custom vision service to generate a model to identify different toys, then shows how you can use these models from inside your app, both remotely by calling an Azure service, or locally by running the model on your device using CoreML and Tensorflow.
- Azure Custom Vision service
- Custom Vision service docs
- Sample toy identifier app
- Xamarin plugin to use CoreML and Tensorflow with custom vision models
- Find James on: Twitter, GitHub, Blog, and his weekly development podcast Merge Conflict.
- Follow @JamesMontemagno
- Never Miss an Episode: Follow @TheXamarinShow
- Find Jim on: Twitter, GitHub, Blog, Jim’s book – Xamarin In Action