Here’s an interesting look at how Target uses data from the Census Bureau to custom tailor their stores for the neighborhoods they operate in.
Siraj Raval programs a virtual robot to do some house cleaning using a technique called Monte Carlo Prediction. In typical Siraj fashion he explains what it is, how it works and how to use it for reinforcement learning.
If you caught my Data Science for Developers webinar last week, I recorded a quick live stream today about the number one piece of feedback from the audience.
Also, here’s a list of resources I mentioned
- Exploring the Azure Machine Learning Workbench
- Get Smart – Editor’s Note
- Doing Data Science and AI with SQL Server
- Data Science Essentials in Python
- Data Science from Scratch
- Hands on Machine Learning with Sci-kit Learn and TensorFlow
- Advanced Analytics with Spark
Podcasts & YouTube Channels
- Data Driven
- The Data Podcast
- Siraj Raval (great introductory video tutorials and more)
- Data Science for Beginners
- How to become a Data Scientist in 6 months a hacker’s approach to career planning